Saturday, August 24, 2013

HEY CHURCH, Wake up!

I recently heard someone say something to the effect of "we want the church to be something fun to do on the weekend that doesn't really affect peoples lives." I was filled with so much sorrow by this small statement because I realized that so many christians in America are doing just that. We have one, maybe two, days of "God party" then 5 or 6 days, being part of the world. Where are the people of God?! Jesus said in Luke 11:23 Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters." How much time do I spend against God? My point is, Wake Up! If we spend more time working against God, how can we expect to spend eternity with him? We can make a change in this world, but it has to start in our own lives. If we aren't willing to do that, we can't call ourselves God's children. Lets be willing to change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment